March 16, 2010

Savannah, Georgia


This past weekend, my girlfriends and I went to Savannah, Georgia for a night to celebrate my Bachelorette weekend! It wasn't planned, but we were actually there for St. Patrick's day festivities! Although I am sure you would love to hear about our time out at the bars, I am actually posting this to share about some AWESOME food we ate and places we shopped! Bummer huh? :-)

First, we ate a late dinner at Rocks on the Roof. We got to Savannah early on Saturday and walked around town to find the perfect dinner spot. We started on Bay Street where all the action is and walked to Market Street and around those areas. While we thought it would be nearly impossible to eat on Bay Street, the wait was only 25 minutes (they would not take reservations). The wait and walking was worth it because it was delicious! Rebecca and I shared a white pizza, which was perfect for two. We also ordered the grit cakes as an appetizer, those were great too! I had a bite of Lindsey and Ashley's calamari which had a western flare to it, very different then I have ever had but good!

The next morning I insisted we walk to Gryphon Tea Room on Bull Street and E Charlton Street. Billy and I ate lunch here the last time we visited and it was delicious. When we got there we sadly realized it was closed on Sundays. So we turned around and I saw a cute little cafe that people were quickly disappearing into. We hurried over and put our names on the waiting list. The restaurant is called Soho South Cafe. It was about a 15 minute wait for brunch on a Sunday and even MORE worth the wait! I am still craving the cheesy grits and Quiche Lorraine that I devoured. Everyone loved their meals as well.

I almost forgot to mention the little consignment shop we heard of and went to. Cheery Picked is located around a bunch of great shopping and has awesome pieces. I found a cute pair of gold dangle earrings and Paula left with a cute black jacket. I recommend it if you love consignment shops or awesome finds!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun weekend! I love that you have a blog now - did I mention that? I copied the links to the places that we went from you blog to my blog for my post. Very convenient :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
What started as a way to update our families on Carson and our little family, has turned into a diary of memories that will be added to Carson's baby book. Memories that we will be able to look back on and laugh at in the future!