October 31, 2012

The New Guy


Carson started at his new school on Monday and the transition went smoothly! Billy and I were very nervous about taking him away from what he has known since he was only 3 months old and introducing him to a new environment, new teachers, and new friends… but he did great!

Billy and I found this daycare when I was only 17 weeks pregnant. Unfortunately, they were booked and Carson was put on a waiting list until he is 1. After a few issues arising at his previous daycare, I called to see if they could take him early and they said yes!

God must have been watching because they happened to add a “small ones” classroom of only 8 babies. The goal of this room is to transition the toddlers from bottles to sippy cups, from cribs to cots (for nap time), and from two naps to one. I was very nervous about the latter two “transitions” but was optimistic that Carson would do great. He settled in well and seemed really excited about his new room. I loved it too! There are stations set up throughout the room. Books are accessible to the toddlers, and there are large French doors to the exterior for Carson to look out on the playground. I called about 1:00 to check on Carson and the teacher told me he not only went down for a nap perfectly, he did it without a pacifier! When I picked him up, she told me he was so easy that she and her aid were talking about how they wish ALL their babies were that easy! Hopefully this remains constant and it wasn’t because he was on his best behavior. J

Carson made a hand print spider in the morning and a footprint ghost in the afternoon. I can’t wait to take them home soon!

I love his new school already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
What started as a way to update our families on Carson and our little family, has turned into a diary of memories that will be added to Carson's baby book. Memories that we will be able to look back on and laugh at in the future!