November 14, 2012

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today, Billy and I packed up our car and drove to the doctor for what we hoped was my last appointment before "the baby" arrived. I was sure my body was ready, but we we were wrong. Emotionally, physically, and (almost) mentally ready, we discussed our options with the doctor, who recommended an induction based on the baby's weight and my progression. He gave us a few choices of dates and we went with the earliest, the next day, my due date!

My induction and delivery went as smooth as possible and we welcomed Carson into the world at 3:40pm on a Tuesday afternoon. Our world suddenly changed. I woke up every morning with an entirely different outlook on life. I had new priorities, a new love, a new world. Billy and I jumped into parenting with both feet. We were bracing ourselves for the road ahead, not exactly knowing what God had in store.

One year later, as we get ready to celebrate Carson's first birthday, we are celebrating more than a number. We are celebrating the start to our family, a year of learning, a year of success, a healthy and happy child, and so much more.

We love you Carson James Maslan. You are our world!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
What started as a way to update our families on Carson and our little family, has turned into a diary of memories that will be added to Carson's baby book. Memories that we will be able to look back on and laugh at in the future!