Julie Grace Maslan was born June 10, 2014 at 3:22pm, 7lbs, 13oz. I wish I could say the delivery went smoothly, but we had our bumps and got through them. Julie arrived healthy and happy and we were thrilled. Over the past 2 months I've had a lot of thinking to do about my little gift from God, enough to make me want to write her a letter.
I want you to know you were wanted. Your dad and I both prayed for you, and couldn't wait for you to join us. I started dreaming about you when I was just a little girl. I loved playing with baby dolls and couldn't wait to have a real one some day. Her name would be Julie, a name my mom always loved and called me sometimes (I know, weird, but I loved it). Coming from a family of all boys and marrying into a family of more boys, I wasn't sure it was possible. They actually told us it was impossible. After having your brother I was convinced I would have all boys, and I was okay with that. I love boys. They are fearless, fun, and laid back (most of them). They play hard, they love sports, and most importantly, they love their mommas.
We had your name picked out from the moment we found out I was pregnant. If it was a girl it would be Julie, a boy, Ryan (I think). I took all of Carson's clothes out and organized them by size, donating what was too worn and some I never liked. I started planning the re-use of all his things. Then we went in for the sonogram. They nurse asked, "Do you have names picked out?" We said yes, and told her our ideas. She looked up with a smile and said, "Well, I think she will love her name." We were ecstatic! A GIRL! They said it couldn't be done! Then it set in. A girl. What am I going to do with a girl?
I started surfing the internet and playing on Pinterest and Etsy (I wonder if those things are still around when you ready this), looking at all things girly, my excitement began. I wouldn't wait to dress you up, buy you your first dollhouse, share all my old toys with you, paint our nails, and watch princess movies together. I see the special bond your dad and brother have with one another doing things that only they love to do (like wrestle), and I can't wait for that for us. You are my baby girl, my world, my little doll, my sugar plum, my Julie Jules, my Julie G. I adore you and look forward to all our memories to come.
You are now two months old and such a good baby. You sleep extremely well (8 hours most nights!) and you hardly ever cry unless something is really bothering you. I get compliments on your behavior all the time. My mom asked me one day, "How did you get such a good baby?" and I said, "I prayed for her." I did! I prayed every Sunday at mass and nearly every day of my pregnancy for you. God answered our prayers and now you are here, our little blessing.
Love you forever,
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment