August 15, 2010

Black and White and Green All Over

Months ago my friend Becca said to me, "Make sure you like your wedding colors for your home because they somehow become the colors you decorate with." I didn't think that would happen at all since most of our apartment is teal and chocolate brown. Well, I was wrong! The colors made their way into what once was our traditional red and beige master bedroom. It all started with the fabulous down comforter we bought after our wedding. We were tired of the one we had and wanted a change. Since the only color we could agree on was gray, I knew I had to liven the black and gray room up with some color and what did I choose: Green of course!

While the room is not complete (I am looking for a light throw to put on the foot of the bed) we thought we would share the pictures we took today!


I made the pillows with fabric I found at an awesome (but expensive) modern store here in Riverside called Nest Living. The fabric was actually napkins that they had on sale ($7 a piece). I found an old sewing kit from middle school home ec and bought the stuffing at WalMart. It only took me a week to make them! I tease Billy that he probably thought the napkins would sit in the bag forever, haha!


Next to the bed are the candles from our reception and one of our favorite engagement pictures. Above the bed is the signature frame from all our guests from the wedding.

4 comments:

  1. It also matches your blog;) Love the pillow fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...it looks terrible without a "light throw to put on the foot of the bed". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...and if you want a sewing machine...Lisa has one she wants to get rid of. Got to come visit to get it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green pillows :). I am glad I am not the only one that takes inspiration from wedding pictures... maybe it is because you stare at them all the time and that is all you can think of? Not sure but I love the room! Great idea about making pillows from napkins.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
What started as a way to update our families on Carson and our little family, has turned into a diary of memories that will be added to Carson's baby book. Memories that we will be able to look back on and laugh at in the future!