Ok, I have a new mini obsession: Cooking Light Magazine. I was reading a blog that was raving about its recipes and articles so decided to try an issue. Billy and I have been trying to eat healthy and use simple and natural ingredients so it was easy to get him on board too!
What I love about the magazine is its short articles. Some of my favorite in the new issue are "Portion Police," "Ten Thing to Know About... Beans," and "Fitness: I Tried It... Pilates." The Pilates article really got me into it and I have been trying this exercise fad for a couple weeks using our Comcast On Demand free exercise tapes!
We have tried many of the recipes this month, but here is one of our favorite. Enjoy!
Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs
Ingredients:
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
8 skinless boneless chicken thighs (we want to use breasts next time)
Cooking spray
6 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1. Preheat broiler
2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side. (We had to broil longer.. you want the chicken to pretty much be done before you do the next step).
3. Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture (I suggest keeping a little extra for serving). Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size, 2 chicken thighs)
Calories: 321
**Next time, we aren't going to use as much of the spice... its pretty intense! But an all together great rub!


No comments:
Post a Comment