October 25, 2010

October continued...

What a weekend! Billy and I are still exhausted from this past weekend. We had so much fun! Billy's parents came into town on Friday for this weekends festivities...

Saturday was a full day. A few months ago, Billy and I joined the Discovery Circle for Ronald McDonald House and I volunteered to be on the committee for their biggest fundraiser - Pig Pickin'. I helped wherever I could and had a lot of fun doing it! After helping set up for the event in the morning, I drove back home to change and join Billy, his parents, and Paula to walk to the event which was being held down the street from us. On the way we walked through the Arts Market which was having an antique car show!
 The BBQ was a lot of fun. We spent most of our time playing corn hole, roulette (pretend money of course), and watching the air show. Oh, and the food was pretty amazing too! Mojo has awesome pulled pork and are opening a location in Avondale soon! 
After the BBQ, we walked home, relaxed, then grabbed some Starbucks and headed back out to watch Wizard of Oz under the bridge.  The weather was perfect and it was pretty awesome watching a movie with the Jacksonville skyline in the background!
We spent Sunday going to church, eating a delicious lunch, playing bocce ball, and watching the blue angels (after Friday's practice and the Saturday show, we knew exactly what time they would fly over our apartment).
Thank you Jeff and Stacey for coming to visit! Jason and Jesse, we missed seeing you both and hope you have amazing Birthdays this weekend!!

Now Billy and I need to rest up for FLORIDA/GEORGIA weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
What started as a way to update our families on Carson and our little family, has turned into a diary of memories that will be added to Carson's baby book. Memories that we will be able to look back on and laugh at in the future!