January 8, 2011

Our First Christmas

Grandma and Grandpa Mas with their 9 Grandchildren.
Ok, so it was really our 7th Christmas together, but this year Billy and I celebrated our first Christmas as a married couple! We were so thankful that we both had 4 days off to spend the holidays with our families, who we split our time with. The weekend began with a day with mom and dad Mas in Ormond Beach. Billy and I did a little shopping with my mom and I helped her make her special peanut clusters!

We then headed to Ocala to be with the Maslans for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We spent Christmas Eve hiking around Silver River park in Ocala where we ran into some deer! The park was so beautiful and the weather was perfect for a day outdoors!! After going to Christmas mass and a quiet night at the Maslans' we were ready to start exchanging gifts the next morning. Since I got most of our shopping done a month ahead I was excited to finally see everyone open them. We spent Christmas day playing with our new toys (Santa surprised us with an iPad!!) and enjoyed another delicious meal.

Stopped to admire the River on the hike through Silver River State Park.
Somewhere in there our iPads were hiding. ;-)
Billy helped stuff the turkey! Monumental moment.
 That night we headed back to Ormond Beach for the night and woke up to then make our last trip back to Jacksonville! This year we celebrated Christmas Eve with the the Mas families at Michael and Cindy's in Orange Park (right outside of Jax). It was a full house of 19 people! Pictures could not describe the mayhem so I took a video posted below. We had a blast playing with all the kids and hanging out with my parents, brothers, and sister-in-laws. Dinner was also delicious - our annual Cuban cuisine prepared by mama!!

Thank you everyone for a fabulous Christmas. Billy and I always love spending time we our families and this year was extra special. Can't wait for next year! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Looks like ya'll had a great Christmas! Josh wants to know if you can bring the iPad "when you come over to play this weekend." haha. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I wish!! But Billy and I share it and he will be sad without it for 4 whole days ;-)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
What started as a way to update our families on Carson and our little family, has turned into a diary of memories that will be added to Carson's baby book. Memories that we will be able to look back on and laugh at in the future!