| Liz, me, Paula, and Becca |
We flew into Birmingham Friday morning and weren't leaving until Monday evening so we had 4 days to explore Birmingham! On Friday, Josh picked us up from the airport, took us to their apartment where we relaxed before picking Rebecca up from work. She showed us her office (which was awesome... jealous) and we headed to lunch. The food in Birmingham was delicious! We went to a little BBQ joint for lunch on Friday, did some furniture window shopping, then enjoyed dinner at a yummy Thai restaurant.
We relaxed Saturday morning before heading out to Oak Mountain where Josh took us hiking! I consider myself pretty athletic, but I had a hard time with this one! I think I figured out that I am afraid of heights (at least if I am not attached to a harness or have an industrial strength bridge under my feet). If it wasn't for Josh I think I would have had a panic attack getting myself up the muddy "trail" that he insisted was fun lol. Luckily, I wasn't the only have having issues, but Becca and I claim it was because our legs were just not as long as everyone elses. ;-)
| Our hike down a part of the mountain. I forgot to take one of the muddy hike up! |
| Peaceful view of the waterfall. Worth the hike! |
Before we left on Monday night, we spent the morning going on a "housewives" walk around Highland Park with our Starbucks and Molly (their dog).
| Walk around Highland Park. |
What a great weekend with the girls!! I can't wait for the next one. Check out Rebecca and Josh's blog here for more pictures and their take on the weekend festivities. :-)
Billy and I have a lot of traveling to do in the next month! Keep checking back for blog updates!

Thanks again for coming!! We had so much fun!!
ReplyDelete