February 27, 2011

Jamaica, Jamaica!

A couple weeks ago, the weekend before Valentine’s Day, Billy and I took a short vacation with his mom and her side of the family to Negril, Jamaica! The purpose of the trip was for more than just fun in the sun, Billy’s cousin Brian was getting married! Mr. and Mrs. Hamm were married on Saturday, February 12 in a beautiful gazebo on the resort grounds with the sun setting in the background. 

The trip to get there was a long one. Billy, Stacey, and I flew out of Orlando on Friday morning on a 7:50am direct flight. Because Billy had to work the night before, we weren’t able to get to the hotel and into bed until a little after midnight. Waking up was tough, but we were very excited! After arriving in Jamaica, we spent the day relaxing by the pool, having some delicious cocktails, and playing pool volleyball with Billy’s cousins! For dinner, we were invited to the rehearsal dinner where we spent more time socializing and eating delicious food with a view of the ocean. Although we were extremely tired from our trip, we managed to stay up late enough for the late night chocolate bar and hung out with everyone as much as we could.
At the Rehearsal Dinner. Allie and Brian (Billy's cousin), Billy and I, Desiree (Billy's cousin) and Vin, Jenn (Billy's cousin) and Chris.
 The wedding wasn’t until later in the afternoon on Saturday, so we managed to get some fun in beforehand! A group of us went snorkeling after breakfast. Yup, they got me out there! I am not sure where my fear came from, but I am terrified of being in deep waters and staring at what is beneath me. It wasn’t as bad as I thought, and with the help of my wonderful husband, I enjoyed it! Did I want to go again when everyone else the next day? No, but I am still proud of myself. :-)
After our successful snorkeling trip. ;-)
 
The wedding was BEAUTIFUL! There were about 40 guests, the scenery was gorgeous, food was delicious, and dancing was the best part! Congratulations to Brian and Allie Hamm! 
Dancing! L to R: Desiree, Aunt Angela, Me, Aunt Trudy, Aunt Claire, Stacey
Billy and his mom!
Because we didn’t get enough dancing at the wedding, we all spent the remainder of the night dancing at the resort club. We were all feeling it the next morning, but did get out to the beach for some more fun! The waves were rough on Sunday so that sadly ruled out banana boats :-( and snorkeling :-) haha. We did play in the waves,  got some sun, went down the slide, and down the lazy river with the entire group. The lazy river was a riot – definitely my favorite memory of the trip! 
 
Thank you Stacey for an amazing trip! And Brian and Allie for having us as your guests! We are so excited and happy for you both!
 
We miss everyone already!

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
What started as a way to update our families on Carson and our little family, has turned into a diary of memories that will be added to Carson's baby book. Memories that we will be able to look back on and laugh at in the future!