April 19, 2011

5 Day Weekend!

This past weekend, Billy and I took Friday off of work to travel down to Miami for our very good friends wedding. A.J. and Michelle Correa were married on Saturday April 16th and we were so happy to be there to celebrate with them!


We spent Friday night at Neil and Matt's apartment in downtown Miami. Their view from the 36th floor was awesome! Billy was very excited to see the new Marlins stadium under construction. From their apartment, Neil, Lee, Billy, and I headed to the couples' happy hour hosted by A.J.'s aunt and uncle in beautiful Coral Gables.  I felt at home with all the Cuban food! It was also nice to hang out and catch up with all of our college friends.
On Saturday we took it easy before the big event. The ceremony began at 3:30 (Cuban time, 4:00 haha) at the beautiful St. Francis de Sales Catholic church in Miami Beach followed by the reception at The Grove Isle Hotel and Spa. Everything was beautiful!! Our favorite detail was the beer that the couple made themselves (with the help of a friend) in Boston, designed the labels, and served in personalized glasses.
Love it!
Chris, Mark, Billy, Phil, and Daryl
Billy and A.J. showing off their rings. Who's next?!

After a quick breakfast on Sunday morning, Billy and I said our final goodbyes, then headed to Boca Raton to meet Billy's dad for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. It was nice to see him on our trip since we won't be able to see him this coming weekend for Easter. After a successful drive home, I spent Sunday night packing again for a 1 night trip to Nashville!

Every year my company, Gresham Smith and Partners, has a celebration to honor those who became licensed, promoted, or won an award. Since I passed my license exam back in December, Billy and I were invited to attend the event on an all expense paid trip. Unfortunately because of timing, Billy was unable to come along. I flew out Monday morning, spent the afternoon and evening at the celebration, followed by dinner, and socializing in the lobby of our hotel with some of my coworkers and their spouses. I finally got home this afternoon and am exhausted from all the traveling!

Billy and I are very excited for this coming weekend. We will be spending the weekend in Ormond Beach at my parents house, where Billy's mom Stacey and brother Jesse will join us on Saturday, then Easter Sunday fun with all of our nieces and nephews! Not to mention, Sunday is our 1 year anniversary! I can't believe how fast this year has flown! We plan on having a nice dinner back in Jacksonville after Billy's finals next week. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
What started as a way to update our families on Carson and our little family, has turned into a diary of memories that will be added to Carson's baby book. Memories that we will be able to look back on and laugh at in the future!