The past couple have weeks have been very busy for Mama Maslan! Billy completed his summer courses a couple weeks ago (of course with two A's! Baby and I are very proud of him!) and I left for a week of traveling. Last week I went to Americus, GA to participate in the first punch of the job. We walked the completed portion of the site which included a lot of back-of-house offices and clinical spaces, laboratory, pharmacy, surgery waiting, recovery, and PACU bays. It was great to see all of the completed work and and work that is still under construction. We worked with the contractors making sure that everything was installed to match our design and construction documents. We returned on Wednesday around dinner time and I quickly unpacked and repacked for my trip to Wichita, KS.
Billy drove me to the airport the next morning and I met my mom in Wichita for my cousins wedding which would be on Saturday. I have really been looking forward to this trip! Unfortunately Billy could not go because of work and cost of flights, but I took it as an opportunity to spend time with my mom. We had a lot of fun! Thursday night we went to see The Little Mermaid at the
Music Theater of Wichita where my cousin Matt works. He got us great seats!! We had a big group join us including 3 of my cousins and 10 of their children, and my aunt Annie. The play was awesome! Thank you Matt!
On Friday we took it easy at my Aunt Joyce and Uncle Darrell's home, visiting with a lot of family for my great-aunt Betty's birthday. I got to see a couple other great-aunts which was nice because they always remind me of my Grandma who I miss incredibly. I took a break to head over to the church hall where my cousin (the bride) Jamie was with her bridal party and family setting up for the reception. On Friday night we all headed over to Jamie's parent's house out in the country for a BBQ. I was reunited with even more family. It always brings back a ton of memories when I see them. Thank you Aunt Margaret and Uncle Greg for having us!
 |
| Me and my mom, and my aunts! Missing 2. |
Saturday was wedding day. My mom and I took the morning to visit with family friends close to my dad. We then headed over to the wedding at 2:00. I couldn't wait for this day. Jamie was beautiful! I got very emotional when I saw her walking down the aisle. I always get teary eyed at weddings, but this time I think I could have burst into tears! It was so emotional to see her get married while I was standing in the congregation with a big pregnant belly. We have grown up! Something we swore would never happen when we were kids! I am so happy for her and Adam and so thankful I could be there to be a part of their big day. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Faber!
 |
| The newlyweds! |
 |
| Me and my cousins |
The trip home was a long one, no delayed flights but a very long layover in Atlanta. I was so happy to be home to see Billy! I still have a month to go before I have to stop traveling all together. The doctor said I can travel up to 32 weeks for work, but I should try to stop at 30. (I am 27 weeks this week). So, I have two more trips I have to make back to the job site. As I get bigger and bigger (now heading into the 7th month), I am getting slower and slower. I feel a lot more tired and it is getting a little harder to move around, tie my shoes, put on jeans, etc. So I hope I can handle these next two trips! They aren't hard work, just a lot of standing and walking. I try to enjoy the exercise :-)
The baby is now the size of an eggplant (or another fruit or veggie depending on what book you read). He moves all the time. He love to "play the drums" I like to say. Sometimes I can feel him in all directions playing in my belly. He loves to roll over and headbutt me too. As much as I complain and make faces when he does, I love it and miss it when he's napping. My next doctor's appointment is at week 30. We get one more sonogram to check on him and make sure he has all the room he needs. Billy and I can't wait to see his face again, what a great experience!
I've also included pictures of the weekend before my crazy traveling began! We bought our first family sized car and celebrated our nephew Cooper's 4th birthday.
 |
| Cooper and his cousins |
 |
| Samantha took her first few steps today! |
|
 |
| Cooper is 4! |
We thank God every day for all of our many blessings. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment