September 11, 2011

Our Growing Boy

30 Weeks
Baby Update:
This Tuesday will mark 31 weeks for mama Maslan. I start going to the doctor for bi-weekly checkups so my next appointment is this Friday. At our last visit, Billy and I got to see our baby one last time before he arrives. It was such an amazing experience as usual. The sonographer measured all of this features and organs to determine that he is right on track for growth. He is average weight and size and a very active little boy already. He rotated a couple times, enough to give us a portrait and a profile shot. We even managed to see his long legs. At one point, we watched him take a gulp of amniotic fluid and then get the hiccups! His little body jerked and his chin would move up and down with each hiccup. It was the cutest thing ever.
I was battling pretty bad nasal congestion which we couldn't figure out was due to allergies or not. After buying a neti pot and using a nasal spray the doctor recommended, my congestion is much better.
This past week I made my last business trip up to Americus, GA to walk a finished portion of the hospital with the contractor. This trip consisted of walking room by room examining every little inch to make sure it is ready for the client to move in. We walk and stand for hours at a time. The first day was fine, just had to rest my feet as much as possible. The second day was a lot harder. I quickly realized this would be my last trip. I was pretty sore the following two days that I returned and spent most of yesterday laying on the sofa. I feel much better today (minus the sudden sciatic nerve pain I got in the sole of my foot)!! I hope it doesn't get worse!

Labor Day Weekend:
My niece Madison had a soccer tournament at a park very close to Billy and I so we spent Saturday and Sunday afternoon watching her soccer games, and between games entertaining Michael, Cindy, and their 4 kids at our place. Mom and Dad Mas joined us all on Sunday morning for breakfast on the beach and stuck around to spend the night with Billy and I. We enjoyed a short walk along the boardwalk and had dinner at Mambos Cuban Bistro (delicious!!). 

Today is not only a day of remembrance of September 11, 2001, but it is Grandparents Day!! Church was amazing and gave us a lot to reflect upon. Happy Grandparents Day to Grandma and Grandpa Mas and Maslan! Our little one is so blessed to have you all in his life, and we're blessed to have your support as well!

Next adventure: Baptism class for mom and dad tomorrow after work. Mom is meeting with a pediatrician during lunch hour, and dad has a pretty big day as well! Hopefully we have good news to share soon.

Enjoy pictures of our little one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
What started as a way to update our families on Carson and our little family, has turned into a diary of memories that will be added to Carson's baby book. Memories that we will be able to look back on and laugh at in the future!