May 23, 2012

Introducing Solids: Update 2

Carson has never denied food. I have never seen him turn his head away. Sure, he cried when I gave him rice cereal and sweet potatoes for the first time, but he continued to eat through the tears. I finally found something Carson does not like. It's not sweet potatoes or even green beans... its formula!

I decided to stop mixing my breast milk with his oatmeal because I would rather save my liquid gold for his daycare bottles. Starting this week I began using Nursery water and he seemed to not be phased by the change. Today, I thought I would try his formula with the cereal since I had done this before for daycare and they said he ate it all. Well, he denied it! He simply put a frown on his face and closed his mouth. I had to dump the cereal and remake it with water. He ate the whole thing plus all of his green beans. I later investigated his daily report and saw that he also did not finish his cereal at daycare. So there you have it, Carson hates formula (at least Similac Gentlease). Guess I will be breastfeeding until he can drink cow's milk! Hope he likes that, because I don't want to be the mom on the cover of Time Magazine! :-)

By the way: Green beans were a hit! He even wanted more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
What started as a way to update our families on Carson and our little family, has turned into a diary of memories that will be added to Carson's baby book. Memories that we will be able to look back on and laugh at in the future!