June 12, 2011

Boys and Birthdays!


A lot has happened since our last posting and announcing that we are expecting. Billy and I have since moved to a bigger condo located closer to the beach! We have moved out of our 2/2 located in the historic downtown Riverside area and into a 3/2 in the Southside area on Beach Blvd close to Jax Beach. What a change! In addition to our 500 extra square feet, Billy and I are enjoying the new atmosphere, restaurants, and friends in our new area.  We are also closer to the University of North Florida where Billy is getting his MBA (which makes it much easier on him after his night classes). The rooms are not complete so I will hold off on the photographing, but hope to have some to post soon!

This weekend was Billy’s Birthday, and the best gift was finding out that we are having a BOY!! While we would have been happy either way, I think we were both secretly crossing our fingers for a little boy. We have 9 nieces and nephews total on my side, 6 being girls. We needed a boy to start to even them out! :-) The sonogram was the most exciting thing I have ever seen. I knew it was a boy right away, and then the nurse said, “Do you want to know the sex? Because I know already.” And that’s when we knew it! We were thrilled!! She went through the routine and measured everything to make sure he is growing as he should. 10 fingers, 10 toes, regular heartbeat, right and left hemisphere to his brain, all of his organs – it was amazing! He was wiggling a lot and even gave us a couple of shots, showing us his profile and a head shot. My favorite part was when we saw his fingers wiggle and his arms move back and forth. The best part is we have it all on DVD to share with our loved ones!

We played it low key for Billy’s birthday. He had to work in the morning so I spent the morning cleaning, doing laundry, and of course making his favorite cake, funfetti!   Once he got home from work I was exhausted. He opened his gifts (new shoes and 3 CD’s he really wanted). The birthday boy let me take a nap while he relaxed. Once I woke up we got ready and met up with Paula and Darrell for a birthday dinner at Mellow Mushroom then headed back home for cake and more presents. A low key, laid back birthday – just what Billy wanted. Now, I have to work on Father’s day which is next week!   Lucky man.

Enjoy some pictures of our little one! We can’t wait to meet him! And as for names – we have a list of favorites but are going to wait to meet him to decide what fits best. :-)
17 Weeks - He is staring at us on this one. (His spine is the dotted white line to the right).
My favorite shot. You can see his face, arms, and legs! Long torso!
He rotated toward the end and gave us a profile shot! Cute little nose - must be Billy's!
This was taken a week before the sonogram. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Billy and yay for the little GUY on the way!! So excited for you two - proud Mom and Dad. Hope you both have a great Father's Day next weekend... such a special time :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
What started as a way to update our families on Carson and our little family, has turned into a diary of memories that will be added to Carson's baby book. Memories that we will be able to look back on and laugh at in the future!