August 21, 2012

Our first injury scare

One reason we decided to continue this blog was to record all the funny, sad, emotional stories that we can look back on in the future and share with our kids and hopefully have a good laugh! I hope I have a girl at some point, because in reality only she will appreciate it anyway. :)

Let me remind you; Billy and I are first time parents. Everything we experience is new to us and people only share their horror stories so that is all we have to compare our situations too. This past Friday night Carson was playing with mom and dad when he got into the iHome once again. He pulled it off the shelf for the 10th time so we finally decided to move it. Billy held the device while I unplugged it. All the sudden we heard Carson crying! He had his head on the floor and we thought, "Boy is he mad we are taking this away!" Billy picked him up and that's when we noticed all the blood. It was all in his mouth and on his cheek. Billy rushed him to the kitchen and I grabbed a wet cloth to wipe his face. MY first reaction was, "We need to figure out what is bleeding" while thinking but not saying, "I really hope he is ok because I do not want to spend the evening in the ER." Billy's reaction was more like this... "Should we take him to the ER!?"

I found the source of the bleeding and reassured Billy we didn't need a trip to the hospital. Turns out it was just a cut on his upper lip. Somehow he cut the inside center of his upper lip. I bet it was his two, new, sharp bottom teeth! He bit my finger with those little things and it hurt!

I know one day we will have to deal with a real injury that will be sending us to the ER. I am really not looking forward to that day!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Carson - You sound so cool and collected... I have a feeling I will be more like Billy and wanted to take him to the ER. Hopefully Josh will be the calm one :).

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
What started as a way to update our families on Carson and our little family, has turned into a diary of memories that will be added to Carson's baby book. Memories that we will be able to look back on and laugh at in the future!